“Intro to Sailing Experience” Program
These guidelines and requirements are for Learn to Sail Inc. (“L2S”) volunteers to provide an “Introduction to Sailing Experience” for friends, neighbors, relatives, associates, etc. who have expressed interest in sailing, sailing classes, volunteering or donating to the school. The goal is to promote the sport of sailing and Learn to Sail Inc.
Under this program, a L2S Volunteer will take a passenger(s) for a 1-2-hour sail aboard an appropriate L2S sailing dingy, while discussing sailing, the L2S School, Classes, Volunteering, donations, etc.
It is critical for insurance and liability purposes, as well as safety and professionalism, that the following requirements are strictly adhered to. Failure to do so will result in a one-year suspension from this program. The L2S Officers may elect to issue a warning for a first violation of the policy. A second violation will result in immediate one-year suspension.
1. The price will be $20 for the 1-2 hours of sailing.
2. The L2S Volunteer must be an active Full Volunteer.
3. The L2S Volunteer must have current USCG approved certification for First Aid & CPR.
4. The L2S Volunteer must have read and signed this form.
5. The L2S Volunteer must obtain written/email approval (not verbal) from two L2S Directors at least 24 hours before departure.
6. All persons aboard the sailboat must always wear a USCG approved PFD. NO EXCEPTIONS!!
7. A First Aid Kit, a paddle and a VHF must be aboard.
8. Adult Sailing Lessons will take priority over Intro to Sailing Experience.
9. Signed L2S waiver forms must be filed for each passenger.
10. The L2S Volunteer assumes financial responsibility for:
a. damages and loss to Learn to Sail Property.
b. rescue or salvage of the vessel, the Volunteer or the passengers.
11. The L2S earn to Sail Volunteer must return all L2S property in the same condition as found, and properly secured from damage and theft after use.
12. If there is a participant aboard less than 16 years old, a L2S Volunteer Shore Crew with radio must stand watch.
13. Sailing area is limited to an area defined by the Rt 41 Southbound bridge and a line between Colony Point on the south bank of the Peace River and Grassy Point on the north bank.
14. Passengers are allowed a maximum of two Intro to Sailing Experiences. After that they must become volunteers or sign up for lessons to be on a L2S Sailboat.
15. Only sailboats are to be used for the Introduction to Sailing Experience.
a. Under no circumstances are the Safety Boats included in this program nor are they to be used outside of classes or L2S approved events.
By making this purchase, I agree to all the items detailed above.
* indicates a required field