Gulf Shore Sailing School
Bay Front Center
750 West Retta Esplanade
Punta Gorda, FL 33950
May 5, 2020
RE: 2020 Summer Sailing Camp at Gulf Shore Sailing School
UPDATE ON OUR SUMMER SAILING CAMP DUE TO COVID 19
However fluid the situation is with the Corona Virus as of the first week of May, we at Gulf Shore Sailing want you to know that we are working hard to provide a safe and fun-filled summer season for your child. Some of our plans include but are not limited to the following:
1. We will be adding outdoor hand washing and sanitizing stations for all young sailors and volunteers.
2. A Registered Nurse will capture everyone's temperature when they arrive on-site each day, as well as ask the students and volunteers some basic questions which are vital to keeping everyone safe. These questions will include:
a. Has anyone in your home been diagnosed with COVID-19?
b. Have you been ill with a fever, cough, stomachache, dizziness, or loss of appetite in the last 14 days?
c. How are you feeling today?
3. We will be limiting the total number of persons allowed on the Gulf Shore Sailing grounds during our sailing sessions hours to less than ten people (six students & four volunteers).
4. We will be sanitizing each sailboat after each session.
5. We will only allow one student per sailboat unless a parent requests that students share a boat.
For all families interested in our sailing program for kids and teens ages 8–18, we encourage you to register your child and sign our waiver form but refrain from making payment until further notice. Should we get the green light from Charlotte County & Punta Gorda City authorities to move forward with our sailing camp, we will be contacting each family individually to discuss the next steps.
Gulf Shore Sailing has altered our previously planned first two weeks of classes into Practice Sails so that we can avoid inside classroom studies and maintain our social distancing responsibilities. We are limiting these sessions to six students. All students must have taken Beginning Sail Classes from Gulf Shore Sailing or another sailing school. Our instructors will review the student registrations to make sure each child is qualified for these sessions.
We have broken up the Practice Sails so that you can sign your child up for one or more days or sign up for the entire two weeks. We have also reduced our standard pricing for these sessions so that as many children as possible can come.
If you are experiencing financial difficulties due to COVID-19, please reach out to me via email at email@example.com, and we will do our utmost to make it possible for your child to attend. We consider all scholarship requests confidential.
We are hopeful that our
Summer Camp programs will be able to continue as scheduled. Please visit
our Gulf Shore Sailing website for details on classes and registration.
We thank you for your patience and wish you and your family the best. Stay safe and healthy!
Julie Lynn Jackson, President
Gulf Shore Sailing School