Important Information for Parents/Guardians
Please read carefully.
Rules of Safety & Conduct
1. A student must demonstrate a level of comfort while wearing a floatation device while in the water.
2. Personal Flotation Devices (PFDs’) must always be worn by students when outside the classroom.
3. Closed-toed shoes must be worn by students.
4. Students must help stow equipment before leaving for the day.
1. Fair Play, Team Cooperation, and Good Sportsmanship are expected behavior at Learn to Sail
2. Instructors’ directions regarding boats, skippers, and crews, weather, etc. must be obeyed.
a. Instructors’ safety signals MUST be obeyed: voice, whistle or flag
3. Offensive behavior or language will not be tolerated.
4. All equipment supplies, and vessels will be used safely and conscientiously.
5. Respect for the rights and property of neighbors is expected.
1. Boats and equipment will be left in proper condition and stored appropriately at the end of each day.
2. Running is not permitted.
3. Swimming in the Harbor is not allowed, without prior Instructor permission.
4. Learn to Sail is not responsible for items left on the property.
a. All personal effects will be taken home daily.
b. Any Items unclaimed for longer than one week will be donated to a local charity.
5. Students must strive to develop competency in sailing.
1. Harmful or dangerous excesses in a student’s behavior, which must be curtailed immediately, may need to be controlled with discipline. The Punishment may take the form of a stern reprimand or, in more severe cases, perhaps a suspension of privileges.
1. Incorrigible and serious misconduct which jeopardizes anyone’s safety consistently disrupts the teaching environment or severely damages the morale of the other students must be controlled decisively. If a student’s persistently unruly behavior cannot be brought under control by one or more of the above measures, it may be necessary to consider suspension or even expulsion.