Rule of Safety & Conduct
1. A swimming test must be passed each Year.
2. Personal Flotation Devices (PFDs’) must always be worn by all students and instructors while on the docks, floats or boats.
3. Appropriate protective foot wear will always be worn by students and instructors while on docks, floats and boats.
4. Punctuality is expected.
1. Fair Play, Team Cooperation, and Good Sportsmanship are expected behavior at Learn to Sail
2. Instructors’ directions regarding boats, skippers and crews, weather, etc. must be obeyed.
a. Instructors’ safety signals MUST be obeyed: voice, whistle or flag
3. Offensive behavior or language will not be
4. All equipment supplies, and vessels will be used safely and conscientiously.
5. Respect for the rights and property of neighbors is expected.
1. Boats and equipment will be left in proper condition and stored appropriately at the end of each day.
2. Running is not permitted.
3. Swimming in the Harbor is not allowed without prior Instructor permission.
4. Learn to Sail is not responsible for items left on the property.
a. All personal effects will be taken home daily.
b. Items left longer than one week will be donated to a local charity.
5. Students must strive to develop competency in sailing