Volunteer Policy for Discount on Learn to Sail Items for Sale
Learn to Sail
Volunteer Discount on L2S Items for Sale
Approved 12 Nov 2018
1. The prices for any donations or equipment etc. to be sold MUST be set with NO consideration of potential volunteer purchase. We should continue setting an "absolute minimum" as well as a "target" price, based on fair market value.
2. If the item has not been sold after 2 weeks of being publicly advertised, a volunteer can purchase the item for 15% off the "absolute minimum" price. If the "absolute minimum" price is subsequently dropped, the new lower "absolute minimum" price will become the basis for the 15% discount after being publicly advertised for 2 weeks with the new price.
3. The volunteer MUST provide their request to purchase the item via email to the Officers. If multiple volunteers are interested, the one that submits the written request first will have priority. There will be NO bidding by volunteers. Volunteer requests to purchase an item will not be accepted prior to the item being listed for sale on the Learn to Sail website.
4. The volunteer must remove the item from the school immediately upon payment unless the volunteer successfully petitions the Officers for an extension.
5. All sales are "as is" and final and will be exactly as specified in the public advertisement, with no implied/additional parts, equipment, services, storage, etc. to be additionally provided.